I've been working on HS/PE2>iM for a long time. As I've been increasing my shoulder extension, I've noticed that my right shoulder is not symmetrical with my left when I'm doing the exercise - the right shoulder rides up more, and indeed it is my right shoulder which tends to cramp and in which I have a niggling ongoing cramp anteriorly which comes and goes (even when I'm jogging!) and is very localised anteriorly.
My right shoulder does have some subluxation, so I think this is the reason for the asymmetry.
My question is - should I continue to engage in shoulder hyperextension even though I can see that my right, subluxable shoulder is 'riding up' more? And continue with intensive stretching and mobility work to try and alleviate this ongoing cramp thing in my right shoulder?
Or does it mean that I should stop all shoulder hyperextension and accept it's not something I can achieve. I just want to emphasise that it isn't "pain" per se which I get when I do hyperextension, it's a crampy feeling which does go away very quickly.
Thanks for any advice.