This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to APT?

Started by gohei_, January 14, 2015 · 5 Replies · 245 Views

gohei_

So I've been reading a lot about PPT and APT and the general consensus around the web seems to be that APT is bad (except for squats I guess?) and PPT is good. Is there anytime when APT is what you should strive for?

There are a lot of different PEs and iMs in the courses when you are either twisting/bending the spine sideways/backwards or when you do leg lifts or arch-ups and similar movements, how is the pelvis supposed to be in these situations?

Joshua Slocum

Other than in squats, you basically always want the pelvis to be neutral or in PPT. 

gohei_
Joshua Slocum said:

Other than in squats, you basically always want the pelvis to be neutral or in PPT. 

Awesome! Exactly the answer I was looking for  :)

Jon Douglas

Even when you are, say, bridging, you want the arch to come from the upper back and keep the pelvis neutral or PPT :)

Awesssss

How about deadlifts?

Joshua Slocum

I'm not an expert in correct lifting form, but I believe you want APT in the bottom (since you start in a squat position) and you want neutral or slightly PPT at the top.