Organic Handstand Pressing

Started by Ido Portal, July 20, 2009 · 6 Replies · 3,838 Views

Ido Portal

Here is a Floreio movement I use in my facility, that resembles a handstand press, but with a bit of a more organic biomechanics - from the side, allowing elbow bend and inserting the head in.

tCIqXm4BuCI

It is a good supplement to gymnastics Handstand pressing, and I find both complementing each other in shoulder girdle development, stability and control.

For more info on how to use this, and other Floreio gems, you can check my blog here:

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/floreio-workout-number-2.html

Ido.

Nic Scheelings

I like this Ido,

When you do it it looks easy and i thought "I can do this" but it is harder than it looks. Especially to keep it slow and controlled.

Keep the gems coming

Richard Duelley

I am going to have to give that one a shot tomorrow at practice. :mrgreen:

Animalonfire

I'm working on doing Au Cortado as slowly as possible. I actually had a dream that I was continually pressing on alternating sides. It was great fun, I'm working on it becoming a reality. Thanks for sharing, and helping me to live the dream :wink:

Blairbob

Hmm, it looks like a straddle press but only using one leg at a time from the side.

Sternford

Reminds me of the way you see people pressing into one arm handstands, going from the side like that

Scott Malin

Fits very well with your Floreio and a cool movement. Thanks for sharing!