This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder problem SL/SE5+

Started by J0X, January 13, 2015 · 1 Replies · 176 Views

J0X

Hey guys, I have following problem while doing the SL excercises.

 

If I am training the side where the left arm is on the bottom of the stall bars, my body does not come into alignment properly when I am rotating the torso down towards the full flag position. I begin to drift away from the plane you are supposed to be in and start to compensate by piking hips and bending the top arm, as I cannot turn the shoulder of the bottom arm in properly, also making the ascent unnecessarily difficult. On the other side, the movement is absolutely smooth and correct and happens "naturally".

 

I have had impingement issues on the left shoulder before, it is likely that this could be the cause for this. Do you guys have any tips on how to activate the shoulder/body to stay in perfect alignment? Or some mobility drills that might help here?

 

Thank you for your time!

Alessandro Mainente

Probably you have some lack of shoulders mobility. As I stated in another post, shoulders mobility could be a problem in SL development. a good reason to look over handstand 1.