This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent arm chin hang - RC/PE6 - HELP ME, to make progress:(

Started by Bas, January 13, 2015 · 10 Replies · 567 Views

Bas

Hi everybody

 

Me and my buddy are both on RC/PE6

My friend did 4x48, almost 4x60 and last week 5x60 and failed on last set (only 35s).

then i made him do deload week 5x30 and try 5x60 after and he failed again then i made him do another deload 5x30 and startede him back on week 9 in the program (4x48). Now he has problems with the last set in 48. His RC/PE6>iM takes about a minute and he goes again. 
 

He is doing upper body  2-3 times a week and legs 1 time. 

I am unsure how to get him stronger at this point? Would it make sense to make longer breaks? 

 

 

For myself i have been stuck at 48s for a while and have made a bit longer rest times to make it through and i have the same problems when i get to 60 i burn out pretty fast and i dont know if i shall keep trying og make deload weeks or stat the week back over or do some other exercise? 

 

Also with changes in RC how should the rest of the program be? should i make deloads in the other exercises to or just take se same week again or just go to the next progression? 

Have any of you had experience with this i know this is one of the though ones but i will like to make it before i move forward! I myself have pretty big legs compared to my opper body, dont know how this effect the outcome. 

 

 

Best regards, Bas

Alexander Egebak
Bas said:

Hi everybody

 

Me and my buddy are both on RC/PE6

My friend did 4x48, almost 4x60 and last week 5x60 and failed on last set (only 35s).

then i made him do deload week 5x30 and try 5x60 after and he failed again then i made him do another deload 5x30 and startede him back on week 9 in the program (4x48). Now he has problems with the last set in 48. His RC/PE6>iM takes about a minute and he goes again. 

 

He is doing upper body  2-3 times a week and legs 1 time. 

I am unsure how to get him stronger at this point? Would it make sense to make longer breaks? 

 

 

For myself i have been stuck at 48s for a while and have made a bit longer rest times to make it through and i have the same problems when i get to 60 i burn out pretty fast and i dont know if i shall keep trying og make deload weeks or stat the week back over or do some other exercise? 

 

Also with changes in RC how should the rest of the program be? should i make deloads in the other exercises to or just take se same week again or just go to the next progression? 

Have any of you had experience with this i know this is one of the though ones but i will like to make it before i move forward! I myself have pretty big legs compared to my opper body, dont know how this effect the outcome. 

 

 

Best regards, Bas

You should try progressing in smaller increments. Like expanding the last block into 2 blocks.

 

You can do something like this:

 

1st block: 4 x 42, 4 x 48, 5 x 48 and deload 5 x 24

 

2nd block: 4 x 54, 5 x 54, 5 x 60 and deload 5 x 30

 

Many people have trouble doing this element, and there is various strategies mastering it. You can search for similar topics, too

Joshua Slocum

Yeah when I'm having trouble leaping from one level to the next, I always break it down. So for example if I can do 4x48s but not 4x60s, I'd try something like Alex's suggestion.

Bas

OK thx! i will try making smaller jumps and keep the deload then! :) 

If you know about similar topics plz link :) I will try searching though! 

Keegan

In addition to what others said, I have found that personally I cannot "Max out" every session without burning myself out (which generally results in me getting sick), so I need to fluctuate the intensity (difficulty, not resistance) from week to week. I have found that if I can get a "running start" I have more energy for the "challenge weeks" (week 3 of my microcycle) and generally feel better overall/recover better.

So, in my case if 4x48 was challenging (overload), I personally would want my week 1 to be relatively easy (though not necessarily Deload easy), maybe 4x36, then my week 2 to feel like a workout but doable, maybe 5x36, and have 4x48 as my "peak"/"challenge" week. Once that felt like I could get through it without issue, then I might make that volume my week 2 and try for something like 4x54 or 4x60 my week 3 and so on to mastery.

Take this with a grain of salt though as I am not as far along the progressions as you, this is purely my (limited) experience, and I am definitely nowhere near as knowledgeable as Joshua or any of the other mods.

Matthew Hanham

You can trying varying the deload by lessening the number of sets but keeping the time from the previous workout. Eg. I've found it beneficial to deload to 2 or 3 lots of 60 when trying to get past week 11, rather than deloading to 5 sets of 30.

ausswe

Funny you should say this Matthew. I was going to ask question about Deload weeks which is similar to this.

If I do week 7 hbp pe3 5x6 on week 8 it says do 5x3 as half volume but would it also be okay to do 3x6 instead? Because that is also half volume but it Is still teaching your body to keep to reps per set up.

I find after each Deload I struggle to get the reps per set higher an though this might fix the problem?

Sorry for hijacking

Joshua Slocum

Not sure - give it a try and see how it works? 

Duff
ausswe said:

Funny you should say this Matthew. I was going to ask question about Deload weeks which is similar to this.

If I do week 7 hbp pe3 5x6 on week 8 it says do 5x3 as half volume but would it also be okay to do 3x6 instead? Because that is also half volume but it Is still teaching your body to keep to reps per set up.

I find after each Deload I struggle to get the reps per set higher an though this might fix the problem?

Sorry for hijacking

I've been doing this for a while now, helped my progress significantly. Especially on higher rep elements.

Cole Dano

Interesting idea on cutting the sets in half rather than reps. 

 

One thing I like with cutting reps in half is the ´this is so easy that I'm doing them better now' effect. It's happened to me on a regular basis and I'm not sure the under load effect is the same by cutting sets in half. However if volume per set is what's holding you back or you're talking big steps backwards, and they aren't recovering by week 3 of a cycle, then it may very well be the way to go. 

 

I imagine this would have the most bang for the buck done between the 2nd and 3rd cycle, when you are beginning to push into full rep territory.

ausswe

Yea I always seem I have trouble between second and third rep territory. I struggle to get single sets I high reps but it is easy for me to bang out lots of low rep sets. Going to try half the sets and keep the reps high for Deload see if that helps.