This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche lean sPL/PE5 form check + questions

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 13, 2015 · 6 Replies · 167 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

A question about my planche lean form.

In the pic you can see my attempt.

I can say that I can lean more forward, but this way My butt raises a bit, and I lose a bit the curve of my back as well. besides As I lean more forward I feel much more stressed, even if I lose a bit of protraction shown in the pic.

In the video demonstration I do not have a side vision, so I'm confused about how much exactly is the back curve, the butt level and the leaning. These are the stuffs I would like to clarify myself!

So I'm asking: is the form shown in the pic good for considering this element mastered, if I lock the position entire time? Or better if I lean a bit more forward, losing only a bit of my back curve?

Should my butt be at shoulder height or even lower??

Thank you!

post-10847-142114833347_thumb.png

Andre737

Hey,looks good.But I think you should focus more on rounding your upper back instead of your middle back.What I also don't see is the activation of your lats.What helped me with that was twisting my ellbow pits facing forward and depressing more.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Andre737 said:

Hey,looks good.But I think you should focus more on rounding your upper back instead of your middle back.What I also don't see is the activation of your lats.What helped me with that was twisting my ellbow pits facing forward and depressing more.

So I have to see my Upper back! Thanks for your reply Andre737. For depression it is correct if I mean to push my shoulders away from my head?

I post another pic. Compared to the first one, which form do you find better? In the second I try to lean more forward. But my upper back is still rounded, isn't it? Is it a sign that I'm not losing protraction?

post-10847-1421245720_thumb.png

Krel

I think that your planche lean on the last picture is better :)

Andre737

Looks better.But I think you should try to keep your hips a bit lower.

Jon Douglas

Yes, your hips are a touch high. The depth of your lean is fine.

I would like to see better scap depression; your lats should be flaring when you lean towards your limit.

Overall pretty good :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Jon Douglas said:

Yes, your hips are a touch high. The depth of your lean is fine.

I would like to see better scap depression; your lats should be flaring when you lean towards your limit.

Overall pretty good :)

Ok! I guess the depression is a very careless point, compared to the protraction, not only for me. I need to clarify how to reach max depression.

Just to understand well what depression means exactly... If I stand upright in erect position, I have to move down my shoulders, is it right? If I am in push up position that means I should move shoulders away from my head ?

I tried to post two pics, in the upper I show my max scapula elevation, in the lower I depress as much as I can. Is the latter the scapula movement I have to keep as I lean forward?

post-10847-142130680879_thumb.jpg