This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sharp Knee Pain On SLS/PE4 iM

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), January 12, 2015 · 3 Replies · 108 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I've just started experiencing sharp pain in my left knee during SLS/PE4 iM... I've been doing it for a month or so with no pain and now suddenly it's like I'm hitting a nerve. The pain goes away as soon as I stop the exercise.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Possible progressions to work on until I can do it with no pain?

This is the first iM where I've experienced any knee pain.

One other thing to note - my left knee cap dislocated over 10 years ago. Since then I've had no injury, but I'm wondering if the pain might be related to the injury on that knee.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Cam

Jeremy Huston

Sharp pain is bad. See a medical pro before continuing

dynamo

Bump on what Jeremy Huston said...clearly sharp pain in the knee is bad and could indicate serious injury like torn cartilage etc. although hopefully that's not your case here.  I'm just wondering what could have led up to this?  Perhaps your previous knee injury is affecting something although I heard (I think in a Gray Cook video some years ago) and know from first hand experience that when the hips don't move right the weak links start wearing and go kaput...just some food for thought.  So I'm wondering if you took a video before your knee pain?  Hope you recover quickly whatever it is.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks guys - appreciate your input very much. It actually doesn't feel like an injury... More like an impingement.

The reason I say this is that the pain is only at one part of the range of motion, and disappears the moment I stop the iM. It also doesn't hurt on any other GB movement that I do.

Perhaps seeing a pro is the best thing, but I was hoping maybe there would be some sort of progression that just would soften the force on my knee but still allow me to work on mobility in that area.

Thanks again

Cam