Recently I have acquirred most of the training equipment I need to do almost everything from home so I do not go to the gym anymore as it is just too far away. One of the elements I can not train and have not been training recently is the human flag. I was at the park yesterday and the play structure had a perfect spot to practice so I did. To my amazement after a few attempts getting balance I could hold myself far better than I ever could. On my good side I got into the full position and on the bad side was in a narrow straddle. The hold was only a couple seconds but I was so excited I over did it and now am incredably sore. I was trying to figure out what in my training has improved this skill so much without even practicing. I noticed a very similar feeling in the down arm in the flag and also in the 1 arm stand. While the 1 armed stand lacks the pulling arm of the flag and the angle of the body is different, am I correct in my assumption that these two exercises share some very similar muscle groups and work on one will help the other?
Andrew