Hamstring pain day after stretching

Started by 7312, January 12, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,797 Views

7312

Hi guys, 

 

I've been having troubles with my hamstrings for a while now. My flexibility was always quite bad, when I first started stretching in October 2013 I couldn't touch my toes. Around mid 2014 my flexibility was much improved I could put my head to my knees and was quite close to a straddle and front split. Soon after I started having hamstring pain (equally on both legs) the day after stretching, I'm pretty sure I haven't pulled them cause I haven't had any pain the day of stretching. My flexibility has really deteriorated now and I'm not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?

 

Thanks,

Nicholas

7312

Hi Zach,

 

I usually stretch about 5 days a week, I only do static stretches. 

 

Yesterday I did some light stretching (static) after a 4 day break, but today I have the same pain in my hamstrings.

 

Thanks.

7312

I usually stretch after my workout. Do you think it could be something to do with hamstring strength?

I work my quads quite a lot but I don't do much strength work on my hamstrings, so I'm not sure if this could affect.

 

Thanks