This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hurdler hold and windshield wipers

Started by Mark Collins, January 12, 2015 · 7 Replies · 383 Views

Mark Collins

I just realised I am doing the hurdler hold static for 30 seconds rather than the bent hurdler hold for 10s on iM/10.

It pays to read the program correctly! No wonder the mobility felt hard.

The windshield wipers are an awesome exercise. Beats doing twisting crunches hands down.

Gavin S

Windshield Wipers are great. I've taken a bit more time with these to really hone in on the form.

ausswe

I'm finding the jump from half windshield wipers to full ones extremely tough.... Just can't get my legs that high probably due to a mixture of lack of flexibility and strength

Mark Collins
ausswe said:

I'm finding the jump from half windshield wipers to full ones extremely tough.... Just can't get my legs that high probably due to a mixture of lack of flexibility and strength

I have spent along time on negative HLL, which has helped to get the hip flexion compression strength.

ausswe

I still have a while to go before I'm on negative hill :( but at least my flexibility is slowly getting better.

Gavin S

Yes, your MN progressions are going to help here with strength and flexibility.

 

The more you press the hips forward and contract the core in the Windshield Wiper the better the result, I have found.

Rayne-William

Just getting the information out there:

 

For anyone struggling to do their windshield wipers, with relative ease, like the athlete in the course video.

 

Spending some time doing them supine, while you contract just your core muscles to move your lower body, is worth the effort.

Sebastian Theander
On ‎2015‎-‎01‎-‎26 at 3:11 AM, Rayne-William Fitzgerald said:

Spending some time doing them supine, while you contract just your core muscles to move your lower body, is worth the effort.

I'm currently struggling with these aswell, taking it to the ground seems to deload the movement enough to get a proper form. Should I mimic the hanging version by gripping a low bar with straight arms to get the right activation? Any tips on this movement are most welcome:)

I also lack the amount of pike flexibility, which I'm also working on every other session