German hang on rings hands grip question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 12, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,951 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I used to perform german hang on the bar. Now I want to move on rings.

In the pic you can see how I hold the position. I was wondering about my grip: my hands are a bit rotated inwards, so they face themeselves a bit. Is it correct or should I keep my grip just like I do at the bar?

post-10847-142105454053_thumb.jpg

piotro

If you want to use it as progression towards back lever, then practice with hands the same direction you want them in your BL - so palms down (hint - that's bigger load on elbow/biceps).

Blairbob

Basically, start over with hands supinatedl

German shoulder stretch on floor, palms down, elevated hands off floor, doing it with feet on floor and knees bent on lowered rings, feet/toes on floor with straight knees. Slowly lowering from a basket hang as a negative, etc.