Hey guys,
I've recently started to do pull/chin ups but I am really bad at them. I am also in the process of trying to lower my body fat. I can probably at best do 3 dead hang pull ups and maybe 4-5 dead hang chin ups. Roughly around there and could be fewer too but somewhere around there.
Charles Poliquin said in his article to start performing progressions like this:
1. The first progression starts with the athlete hanging from the chin-up bar. The knees should be bent. Then a spotter should support the athlete at the ankles during the ascent. If extra assistance is required during this phase, the athlete can extend the legs against the spotter's base of support. Once able to perform 12 repetitions in this style with minimal assistance, the athlete is ready to move on to the next progression.
2. Repeat #1 with one legged assistance and assistance at the waist until 12 reps can be performed without and assistance.
If anyone can give me some advice as to how I can get my pull/chin up number up to 20 reps per set, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!