Is it effective to do the stretching right after the workout and only then eat my after workout meal?
I do 50 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of stretching.
Perhaps I should eat right after the strength workout and then stretch?
Thanks.
Started by Chillax, January 10, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,458 Views
Is it effective to do the stretching right after the workout and only then eat my after workout meal?
I do 50 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of stretching.
Perhaps I should eat right after the strength workout and then stretch?
Thanks.
It's fine and convenient. Or just swallow some whey protein down and stretch.
In reality it doesn't *really* matter.
I think protein synthesis lasts something like 24-36 hours so it's more important to make sure your diet is correct.
If you strength train for 50 minutes and stretch for 30, you'd be fine if you downed some protein a few hours before or whey protein pre workout.
A typical serving of whey protein should hold you off for about 3 hours which is more than enough time if you take it 30 minutes before training. It would still be spitting amino acids into your system during and after (for just an hour or so) your workout.
You might as well just stretch while your body is warm after the strength training instead of stop, prepare or eat food, rewarm-up and stretch.