This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/iM1

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, January 10, 2015 · 2 Replies · 63 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

At the moment I am able to perform every strength element from SLS section on F1 at mastery but I found mobility exercises lagging to some degree so here's the first mobility exercise. I think that my ROM is adequate although, I can still see some room for improvement, especially with my right side. The only thing that I'm concerned about is stability. It feels very unstable, a lot of times I lose balance once or twice during the set.

1) How can I improve balance? Do I just have to keep on doing this exercise?

2) And what about strength? I think that while working on mobility, I can do some leg workout for strength, maybe not when I'm doing my F1 workout but like throughout the day or something, am I wrong?

 

Thank you in advance

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxunZlBT74&feature=youtu.be

Alexander Egebak

1:

Getting used to the iM will give you some stability. Just continue doing it until you are completely confident with it.

 

2:

You can play around with some later progressions, but the general consensus is that mobility elements must be trained in tandem with the strength elements.

 

Another thing you could do is working on the next mobility elements so that your progress will not stall as much as it could after the first mobility drill. Just be careful and do not overwork yourself. I only recommend this due to the nature of the SLS mobility drills; that they focus on strengthening various sections of the knee joint.

 

If I am completely off here someone should tell.

Keegan

Your feet should be together, that you have a tendency to really turn them out suggests tight ankles. Your instability is likely due to tight hips, knees and/or ankles. As your mobility improves you should feel more stable.