This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

handstand challenge and handstand one

Started by Gerlari, January 9, 2015 · 6 Replies · 465 Views

Gerlari

For now we are seeing very curious exercises , although closely related to foundation and handstand series.

 

But how we can include all this new stuff ? warming up, calm down or sporadically ? and how many sets?

And I would like to throw another question; Is the handstand challenge preparing "the ground" for the arrival of the long awaited H3...???  :icon_twisted:

Adriano Augusto

Yo lo usaría como calentamiento o como drills para hacer de vez en cuando. Si en algún reto ves que tienes que mejorar algo, añadelo al entreno principal.

No creo que tenga nada que ver con hs2, pero si creo que saldrá a lo largo del 2015.

Abrazos tio.

I would use the exercises as a warm up or drills to do from time to time. If on any challenge you see you can do it better or needs more work then add them to the main workout.

Keilani Gutierrez

estoy de acuerdo con Adriano. aunque fuese cool que saliera H3, en una que otra progression en H2, dice que un pike press es absolutamente necesario para desarollar el one arm handstand....y ya con eso tu sabes que no significa hacer el pike press en el piso, sino de un L-sit para pike press y bajar a L-sit. cosa fuerte hacerlo 5x5 pero si Coach lo dice, hay que hacerlo! :P 

 

I agree with Adriano, a lot of the stuff can be used as a warm up or a fun diagnostic to see how your handstand is going. I know now I could use some of the drills as a "test" to see how progress is going after every cycle or every other cycle. i know i'll be doing the wall shruggs from now on. :) OH and the protraction / retraction one! geez, that one was killer. 

Gerlari

Muchas gracias a los dos por las respuestas. Creo que utilizaré los ejercicios del Challenge donde me vea más débil para reforzar el entreno H1. Lo que no sé aun si en la misma sesión o los días que no me toque entreno de Handstand. 

 

Había leído lo de los pike presses como requisito para el one arm handstand, supongo que será para asegurar una buena base de fuerza en trapecios y musculatura escapular. Solo es curiosidad por el H3, hace meses que no sale ningun curso y me preguntaba cuando saldrá el siguiente...

 

Un abrazo chicos.

 

 

Thank you for your answers guys. I think that i´lll use these exercises to strenghten my weak points, but i don´t know yet if in the same H1 training session or another day.

Jeremy Huston

I stopped the HS challenge after 9 days.  It was quickly pushing me into over-training when combined with my other Foundation and HS work.  I probably could do the beginner version but I would rather focus on H1.  I'm going to keep a link to the youtube channel so I have these exercises available for ideas after I master HS in a couple years.

Ravn

I jus don't have the time right, being too busy at work. I might add it in when I get a long break, like the summer holiday. There are some cool exercises in that challenge.

Keilani Gutierrez
Ravn said:

I jus don't have the time right, being too busy at work. I might add it in when I get a long break, like the summer holiday. There are some cool exercises in that challenge.

I was surprised how hard it was to protract and retract while in elevation. talk about sneaky.