Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and new to Foundation 1, purchased it about a week ago and am finishing up my first week. 35 years old, former pro fighter, still train in BJJ, partial zombie at times.
I had a question in regards to static holds. I've read the FAQs and searched, couldn't find my exact question.
How much tension are we going for in a static hold, lets say the Arch Body Hold, or Bent Hollow Body Hold?
I'm able to hold a BHBH fairly easily for 5 x 60s. But am I trying to contract as hard as possible even if it's not required to hold the proper position?
Same with ABH. My understanding is you contract your glutes and push your feet together. Now, are you always contracting every working muscle on all the static holds, as hard as possible, or just to complete the movement prescribed?
Of course contracting as hard as possible makes the movements much more difficult to hit mastery, I'm fine with that, but is that what's supposed to be done before moving to the next level?
Thanks in advance.