This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F2 front lever work.... I was not prepared....

Started by ausswe, January 9, 2015 · 13 Replies · 524 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I finally got onto fl/pe7 and I was not expecting this. The long head of my triceps after doing 4x4x10 if these burns like I've never felt. I honestly thought I might tear my muscles apart trying to finish the last set with good form. I have done body levers before so I expected to fly through this but holy cow it is intense!! I am seriously looking forward to the strength gains I'm going to get from f2 fl work....

Keilani Gutierrez

gainzzzzzzz #flex

Jon Douglas

Have you tried the vertical ones yet? :D

Ravn

I got so much DOMS when I did this first time! Stiff for days.

Eric Baum

Yeah. The same for me, trapeze pain for a few days.

ausswe

I can't do the vertical ones..... My body just slides backwards along the ground. I need something to press against my shoulders to keep me still. Anyone else have that issue??

ausswe

And yea the traps hurt too... That was weird I did not expect that at all

Rayne-William

Wait till you get to FL/PE13

Jeremy Huston

Dare I say I can't wait :)

Ravn
ausswe said:

I can't do the vertical ones..... My body just slides backwards along the ground. I need something to press against my shoulders to keep me still. Anyone else have that issue??

I use a folded yoga mat on a tile or gym floor, with a single layer of towel on top. Provides adequate friction to keep the shoulders in place.

ausswe

It's weird I don't find or 13 Ll that hard in comparison. I used to spend a lot of time upside down on a bar though. Also tried the yoga mat didn't work. When I get to those negatives I will just put a weight behind my shoulders so I don't slide

Keilani Gutierrez

you know, i thought the same thing until I noticed the only focus point is there to give us a rude awakening.  :D

Adriano Augusto

Vertical ones are fun, challenging and specially painful in the brachiialis, at least to me. The fun is better when you warm up with theses :D

ausswe

Turns out these weren't that hard I just ha to teach my body the movement.... :D