This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finished my second workout

Started by jfreaksho, January 7, 2015 · 1 Replies · 105 Views

jfreaksho

I bought F1 just before Christmas, and started this week finally. I've done F1PE1 (all exercises) two times so far.

 

A few thoughts:

I'm really glad I'm starting at the beginning.  It's tempting to be insulted when looking at the workout, but humbling as I work through it.  Even the mobility work is tougher than it looks.

 

Some areas I feel way ahead of what I'm working on, and other areas I'm struggling.  As I work through the first few weeks I'll be better able to figure out if I should skip ahead on any of them.  I'm inclined not to do that very much, based on past experience.

 

The mobility work is pretty awesome.  I'm already noticing that my back is loosening up, and my joints are popping far more than they were a week ago, especially in my mid- and upper back.  I always wanted to improve my mobility, but didn't really know how.  Having step-by-step instructions is exactly what I need.

 

The website layout isn't very handy.  I had to create a cheatsheet for myself with the 3-picture instructions and the set/rep/time schemes to refer to while working through program.  There is the "workout generator" but all it has is the step number, not even the name of the exercise.  I'll have to redo the cheatsheet as I move on to the next level, but that's weeks away for now.

 

Anyways, I love the program overall, and I can tell it is hitting a lot of the deficiencies I felt in my previous workout programs.

Alexander Egebak

I agree on the website design, not very user friendly - except for the forums which are excellent. Have fun with your training and good luck