This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cue for SLS/PE1 Deck Squats

Started by BigBucky, January 7, 2015 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

BigBucky

I have a lot of trouble with deck squats.  Mainly with keeping my legs tight to my chest as I roll up.  Even contracting hard doesn't always help.   Instead I tried focusing my eyes on my knees as I went back and keeping that distance exactly the same as I rolled forward.  Popped right up.  Hope this helps someone else.

Daytonwhat

I've been trying this one for a long time. And I can't do it.  For me it's the mobility in my ankles.   i am at a lost. 

Ben Lawlis

Making sure that you get your weight forward as far as possible before standing up has helped me a lot. This is one of those exercises where it seems impossible for ages, and then progress begins to happen quickly.

skeeter

Other threads have mentioned this, but it has helped me a lot. Let's say you are using a yoga mat, try to increase the height of that mat a few inches. For example, I go to a commercial gym and, for this exercise, I use 5 mats. It makes it a bit easier to get up, and as you get better you can take mats away and progress to just using one. Hope that makes sense.