This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

High Rep Days

Started by pauldchealth, January 6, 2015 · 5 Replies · 225 Views

pauldchealth

Hi all,

 

At the GB Seminar in Sydney, Coach talked about using high rep days for joint and tendon recovery. He mentioned doing things like leg raises for 35 reps as I recall. Does anyone have any input on this, what skills you would do this with and how many reps? It was mentioned a 30-45 minute workout going non stop would suffice with little rest as possible. Any advice appreciated

 

Paul

Joshua Slocum

There was a thread about this recently but I can't seem to find it. In short, unless you're doing high level ring strength, you're probably not yet at the point where you need a tendon recovery day, and you're better off focusing on your F+H courses. 

Alan Tseng

Just wanted to mentioned, I saw a post from years back where Coach Sommer mentioned his athletes sometimes do 50 reps of catcows as part of the high rep day.  My lower back was feeling strangely sore yesterday, so I did 50 of the reps.  All fine now.

pauldchealth

Thanks heaps josh. So if I train foundation on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and feel fine with good recovery what would you recommend on sat? I do a big mobility session every Wednesday as well which keeps me in check

Joshua Slocum
pauldchealth said:

Thanks heaps josh. So if I train foundation on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and feel fine with good recovery what would you recommend on sat? I do a big mobility session every Wednesday as well which keeps me in check

Either another Foundation and/or Handstand session, or a cardio session. 

 

Just keep in mind that more training doesn't always yield faster results - if after a few weeks you notice your progress slowing a bit, then you're going to want to go back to resting on Saturdays.  

pauldchealth

If I'm on foundation 3/4 for all progressions so will work on nailing that

Thanks guys