In the last 2-3 weeks, I have developed some pain on my right wrist. The pain is felt on the outside (pinkie side) of the wrist - roughly in the area of the pisiform and triquetrum bones. It's hard to replicate but it generally happen when I apply force while holding a wrist position not completely aligned with the forearm.
One thing that systematically triggers the pain is doing shoulder dislocates with a wide grip, at the point when the dowel is low behind my back (say the last 1/3 of the movement). The pain disappears (1) when I warm up and narrow my grip or (2) if I only hold the bar with the index and middle fingers only. In short, the pain diminishes when my wrist is back in alignment with my forearm.
Push ups and the like are not particularly painful.
Does anyone know what I'm dealing with and how to proceed?
Thanks,
Joss