...but the remainder of the sets did not go that well. 50, 45, 40.
Totally smoked after the first set. Any ideas how to gain isometric endurance. Just keep grinding as long as possible?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tobias Akeblom, January 4, 2015 · 4 Replies · 199 Views
...but the remainder of the sets did not go that well. 50, 45, 40.
Totally smoked after the first set. Any ideas how to gain isometric endurance. Just keep grinding as long as possible?
how are you feeling with the 48 second sets? if those are not a problem, you could do more gradual increases between weeks until you eventually build up to 60 sec sets.
meras said:how are you feeling with the 48 second sets? if those are not a problem, you could do more gradual increases between weeks until you eventually build up to 60 sec sets.
Good idea, 48 sec usually feels good. Just a little bit shaky at the last sets. I will start with 4 sec increase from now on.
What do you think about doing ABH "greasing the groove" style. In other words doing it more often but with less intensity?
Just like to remind you that:
- Shaking is due to the nervous system and musculature being in duress.- If you are shaking, even if you managed the mastery target in terms of either time or reps; you have NOT demonstrated mastery.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Generally it'd be a great idea to slow down abit and work until you no longer shake and feel more comfortable with your 48second sets, maybe do them for a 1 cycle.
And I can't really comment on greasing the groove as foundation 4 times a week is already enough for me. But you could skim through the plateau thread here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17397-busting-plateaus/?hl=%2Bbusting+%2Bplateaus
I know the feeling. I think at this point you need to relax. I like to think in these terms. "Ok, let's try to hold the first one without tightening everything, just the necessary to keep good position for 60s, at the end of this I should not be tired". Then apply that to further sets.
Progress here is basically now trying to push that "totally smoked" feeling to second set only, then to the third, then to fourth and then it's done. I think it's ok to progress if you are totally smoked after the 5th (as long as you held it correctly)
.