This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1+H1 what do you think about this routine?

Started by Unbroken, January 4, 2015 · 2 Replies · 207 Views

Unbroken

Hello. I've just started F1+H1 and I have a few questions:

1. What do you think about this week cycle:
Sun/Wed - FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Mon/Thur - MN, SL, SLS

Tue/Fri - H1

2. I'm not sure about routine H1. How long rest between WP, FKP, WR, FTP? I know HS/PE rest is HS/PE>iM, but what's about WP, FKP, WR, FTP? And always before this routine I should do WRS 1/2/3(after warm up), yes?


Thanks in advance!

Keegan

It could work, but it only gives you 1 full day of rest/recovery per week. You might be able to recover and progress on that, or you may not, only trying it out for a microcycle or two will let you know.

Just out of curiosity though, why did you choose this over the suggested schedules in the "integrating F1 and H1" section of the H1 course? Is it a time/scheduling issue?

Alexander Egebak
Unbroken said:

Hello. I've just started F1+H1 and I have a few questions:

1. What do you think about this week cycle:

Sun/Wed - FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Mon/Thur - MN, SL, SLS

Tue/Fri - H1

2. I'm not sure about routine H1. How long rest between WP, FKP, WR, FTP? I know HS/PE rest is HS/PE>iM, but what's about WP, FKP, WR, FTP? And always before this routine I should do WRS 1/2/3(after warm up), yes?

Thanks in advance!

I would personally (if I was starting from the beginning) keep the statics at day A and bent strength at day B. This is because some of the muscle groups overlap and it may or may not fatigue you and make you fail mastery.

 

Personally I do F7 so it is no problem for me but I am used to the volume. A beginner might not be used to it. I have no idea where you stand in terms for training experience and adaption but it could be worth considering. And since you only have one rest day doing 2 days of H1 and F1 a week might provide better results.

 

Also, move to F7 as soon as you think you are ready. It gives you greater work capacity gains and saves you time ( perhaps to put in more training if you benefit from doing more).