Handstand alignment

Started by Daniel Stephan, January 1, 2015 · 3 Replies · 1,122 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hello! I've been training handstands for the past 6 months or so and would like to get some critique.

 

The first one is the one I can quite comfortably kick up to. And the second one I can get into after kicking up to the wall, aligning my shoulders and then puling away from the wall with my fingers.

 

Is there a notable difference between these two? The second one feels much more efficient to hold and shoulders feel more open and in line with my body.

Besides opening the shoulders a bit more, are there other other obvious leaks in the second version?

 

Thanks a lot!

 

Daniel

post-14704-0-42925000-1420130087_thumb.p

post-14704-0-78927500-1420130094_thumb.p

Alessandro Mainente

your feet are a bit off the vertical line. take off your shirt a take a pic from a side view as the left photo.

Daniel Stephan

Thank you for your reply.

I took another two pictures, I hope the positioning is visible more clearly.

 

post-14704-0-92710000-1420398518_thumb.ppost-14704-0-02671800-1420398525_thumb.p

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad, improvements for sure- take your belly in using your trasversus