This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm-up specifically for SL/PE1

Started by Charles Wright, December 31, 2014 · 6 Replies · 245 Views

Charles Wright

My first set of arch body hold is always the toughest one to get into the correct position.  It feels like my muscles do not want to fire correctly until the second set.  My current warm up is about 10 minutes long and I go through moving all my joints head to toe, do some body weight squats, cat/cow, hip circles, etc. and add in some QM movements to get my heart rate up.

 

Any suggestions to get warmed up specifically for this movement?  Everything clicks into place either late in the first set of the hold, or sometimes not until the second set.

Joshua Slocum

Try warming up with a short arch body hold! Or, try doing the lower-body portion and the upper body portion separately as part of your warmup.

Charles Wright

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and just include extra rest time between the warm-up set and the working sets.

john_c

This is something I've been meaning to ask, as no matter how I warm up and I have tried long warm ups 15-20 mins to just going straight into it, there are some exercises and iM's that don't really click in till the 2nd set like cossack squats and it's twisted iM, and the MN/PE1>im ie SLW doesn't really get going till about the third set, so maybe I shouldn't count those warm up sets ?

Keilani Gutierrez

for arch body holds i warm up with 30 sec side plank and glute bridge. strong extension in both and tight body.

Charles Wright

Thanks Keilani.  I give that a try as well and let you know how it goes.

Charles Wright

@Keilani - I performed ~10 glute bridges (reps not holds) and a short ~15 sec side plank (per side) before the ABH today and the activation was exactly what I was looking for.  So it worked, thank you.  I felt it was the glute bridges that did the trick, planning to leave off the side plank next time.