This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much momentum in deck squats?

Started by 5space, December 31, 2014 · 2 Replies · 161 Views

5space

When comparing the F1 Assessment video (with the woman) and the one on the main F1 page, they are using different levels of momentum in the "up" portion. The woman seems to use little-to-no momentum, while the guy uses a decent amount.

 

If I attempt the deck squat as in the assessment, I can't even do one. But with a little momentum, I can do 5-10. Should I start with some momentum and work up to no momentum for mastery of the deck squat?

Keilani Gutierrez

Start with momentum and start getting it more under your control. Just as long as you don't look like you're trying to kip out of the roll! don't use the momentum to hide inflexible ankles, tho. :) 

Salivanth

The course videos are the official standard. If you can do them with the same level of momentum the guy in the course video uses, you're okay.