Hi guys, I posted this on the perfect workout nutrition thread, but I don't know have active that thread is anymore. I've been trying to implement as many of the pieces of the workout nutrition as I can... And, I've found that coconut water could potentially be a very effective addition as it could simultaneously provide the hydration element and some of the carbohydrate one needs during and after a workout.
Regarding the peri-workout shake, where one drinks 30% pre workout and then sips the remainder of the mix throughout the workout:
how is coconut water? For 2 liters of coconut water, I hit a perfect 80grams of carbs for my body weight. If I add 10-20 grams of protein and some salt to the mix, would that be a good choice? Would I have to add additional water on top of all this liquid?
I was thinking about trying this for GST and BJJ workouts and see what happens...
I haven't seen many people talk about coconut water. I attempted to research how much fructose to glucose it has, but I couldn't find any reliable information. It seems to be used by many to replenish glycogen, so I hope it's a good choice.
Thanks!