Hi I'm new to the programs and defiantly have lots of mobility problems. I tried looking up everything on wrist stuff but didn't find anything on amount that is too much. One of the big limiting factors that I really want to get better with is my wrist flexibility. So does anybody know if there is a point of doing too much of the wrist exercises? I know tendon muscles take much longer to get make stronger and recover. Would like to know a good guess of what usually works for people.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Wrist Exercise
Started by Ryan Williams, December 30, 2014 · 3 Replies · 166 Views
You can absolutely do too much of the wrist exercises. According to the course, they should "take place at a relatively light, comfortable intensity," and "When in doubt; do less, rather than more." What works for me so far is doing H1 as written, once per week, starting at PE1, Week 1 on everything. (FYI, I am very new myself, and my wrists have always been slow to recover from pushups and such.) That leaves my wrists feeling fully recovered by the first workout of the next week, but not by the day before.
There is definitely a point of too much. This is going to vary wildly though.
Treat it as stretching, and keep it light and diligent. Over time it will build up. You have nothing to gain by jumping to the hardest ones and struggling to complete the reps. Be patient and work em regularly, they'll get there and there's no way to rush it-- once the adaptation is stimulated, stimulating it 'harder' isn't going to elicit a bigger response.
Slow and steady with these. Use your energy on your wall runs and dislocates ![]()
Well I guess I kind of said it wrong in that I do know there is a point of too much but wanted to know where that point is. I never take my mobility work to a point that I would really be struggling since that doesn't actually work into your ligaments. I will go a head and keep doing what I been doing and work at it slowly like I thought I'd have to.
Thanks