Front lever question

Started by RUS, December 29, 2014 · 12 Replies · 2,139 Views

RUS

Hi guys, 

I can hold front lever with straight arms for about 5s and with bent 8-9s, but without correct scapula position.
So, is it better to re-train front lever with proper scapula position and straight arms or just do fl without scapula and wait to it come... if it is even posible that way.
And is it better to raint fl on rings or bar ? 

Joshua Slocum

Can you show us a video or picture of your FL so we can critique it?

 

It makes no real difference whether you train the FL on rings or on a bar. 

Joshua Slocum

I think you posted the wrong second video? I don't see a front lever in it...

 

 

With regards to the first video: you scaps look OK. What makes you think there's a problem? The bigger issue I see is that you're piking a bit. 

RUS
Joshua Slocum said:

I think you posted the wrong second video? I don't see a front lever in it...

 

 

With regards to the first video: you scaps look OK. What makes you think there's a problem? The bigger issue I see is that you're piking a bit. 

 

sorry, wrong video, I edited 1st post

That video is older, in that period I had little bit stronger fl, but when i trained for fl I didnt know about scapula position and when I do fl i feel like my scapula is in protracted position

I just want to make I perfect, why not :D And also I forgot to mention in 1st post that i have problems with locking arms :/

chuchodani
Joshua Slocum said:

I think you posted the wrong second video? I don't see a front lever in it...

 

 

With regards to the first video: you scaps look OK. What makes you think there's a problem? The bigger issue I see is that you're piking a bit. 

I agree with Joshua, you're piking, and to me your arms looks slightly bent.

Joshua Slocum

I can't seem them very well in the second video, but in the first video they look pretty neutral to me. I don't think you need to worry about making them less protracted. The bent arms and the pike, though, are something to work on.

RUS

And what exercises can help for locking the arms ? Sometimes when I lock arms my butt goes down and sometimes is ok

chuchodani
RUS said:

And what exercises can help for locking the arms ? Sometimes when I lock arms my butt goes down and sometimes is ok

Just focus on keeping your arms locked in the front lever and in every straight arm exercise and eventually it will become intrinsic like the hollow body position for a gymnast.

Pafke
RUS said:

And what exercises can help for locking the arms ? Sometimes when I lock arms my butt goes down and sometimes is ok

You should work on easier progression of fl with straight arms.

chuchodani
RUS said:

Thank you guys for answers! :)

 

Dont want to make another topic when its about fl form question, this is my friend and he want to know what do you think about his fl ?

He's 197cm and 86kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrEZmd0IwnM&feature=youtu.be

I think he has a good body position but from my perspective his arms are not fully locked.

Alexander Egebak

Yes, arms are not fully locked.

 

Body line is also not perfect although that is only a minor problem