This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

One big training session vs 2 lesser ones ?

Started by MrPuppeh, December 29, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,653 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

I have  a question whats the difference between a one big training session a day versus two lesser ones a day keeping in mind that the exercises, volume, intensity etc etc. is the same in the two variations.

 

Some time ago I read in the forum that it is important to get the needed training volume done in a day that it does not really matter if its 1 session a day or 2 smaller ones a day as long as the volume is done.

 

Your thoughts ?

korija

what are you training for?

MrPuppeh
korija said:

what are you training for?

F1 and H1.

 

It's just today I had no time to complete the full routine, so instead of not training at all I did half of F1 in the morning and half in the evening.

vinca_minor

As long as you warm up for both, it generally doesn't matter, as far as strength/hypertrophy.      It's certainly not going to make much difference if you do it every once in a while.

 

There's a conditioning aspect to F1 that you would potentially miss out on if you do that all the time.