This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Handstand Challenge - wrist overwork?

Started by adara9, December 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 410 Views

adara9

I'm in my first month of F1 & H1, running F7 two days a week and H1 one day a week. My wrists are feeling well-worked, and I worry that adding the handstand challenge will push them over the edge into over-worked.  What do folks who maybe know the content of the challenge think?

 

As background, I've always had wrists that got (& stayed) sore easily: pushups, downward-facing dog, whatever, putting weight through that hand/wrist position quickly becomes an issue for me, and the soreness often lasts for days. As shorthand, I call them "weak," but I'm sure there's a better term. (That's part of why I'm excited about the amount of wrist conditioning in H1.)

 

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

bombadil

I had the same concern.  I'm hoping I can run the challenge along with continuing my training for F1/H1. 

Keilani Gutierrez

i can't offer insight with the challenge content, but a word from someone who overzealously worked dislocates and got injured, i know it's because i did just that, worked them overzealously. if you apply the same rules you would were it part of your usual programming (in my case was doing dislocates no more than twice a week) i would have been able to efficiently do the challenge and not aggravate my shoulder joint. so just use common sense :)

i bet the challenge is going to be a lot of fun!

Destiny

I'm more worried that I won't even be able to do any of the challenges lol...

Adriano Augusto

You have to take into consideration that there are begginer progressions which in my opinion don't put too much stress on wrist as advanced does. So pick the exercises based on your level and work from there.

One more important thing: the rep scheme of the challenge is the ideal, the goal, but better you don't push yourself too hard to get to the full reps if you aren't prepared because maybe you are calling for an injury.