I'm working through F1/F2 and have supplemented the training with some really basic static ring work. Mainly support focusing on keeping elbows straight and hanging in the lowest possible dip position to get used to that, also false grip hanging and static holds at the top most position of the false grip pullup. After these started to felt comfortable, I decided to work on the muscle up transition phase exclusively by keeping my feet on the ground to give just enough support for me to be able to transition slowly and with control between the pullup and dip. After a few months, I decided to try how it would felt to do the negative muscle up from top position past the transition phase and if it would be possible to revert the movement back with as little momentum as possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyWToUJKbt0
I was positively surprised how easy this felt, although of course it's a still long way from clean muscle up. Any comments on if this kind of progression/work is reasonable? At least I've felt good and haven't had any problems / pain with this kind of training. I've reasoned that if the training basically consists of static work and well controlled movement without kipping and fast changes, there shouldn't be any problems arising from the training as long as you are aware of your current limits and don't overwork yourself.
Thanks!