This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is the workout?

Started by Borzou Azabdaftari, December 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 183 Views

Borzou Azabdaftari

So I've looked at everything below - but I have no idea what it means. I understand the individual moves - but what does 10r WRS #1,#2,#3,#4 mean? is WRS a different  move? Do I do the following work outs a circuit? either way I don't know how would effect the other. 

 

(Handstand)

10r WRS #1,#2,#3,#4 
4x5r WP/PE1 
4x5r FKP/PE1 
4x5r WR/PE1 
4x5r FTP/PE1

4x60s HS/PE1 
10s HS/PE1-im after each work set

Joshua Slocum

10r means ten reps. WRS is the wrist stretches. You will do 10 reps of each stretch.

 

4x5r WP/PE1 means you need to do 4 sets of 5 reps of WP/PE1. Generally, I do all the wrist exercises as a giant set, so I'd do something like:

 

5r WP/PE1

5r FKP/PE1

5r WR/PE1

5r FTP/PE1

(repeating that whole circuit 4 times.)

 

Once you finish that, move on to the HS. You will do giant sets of the PE and the iM, so in your case it would be something like:

 

60s HE/PE1

10s HS/PE1-iM

(repeat 4 times)

 

Also, with HS work, since it's largely skill-based, it is OK to take a short break in between giant sets. 

Borzou Azabdaftari

Thanks - so what are the wrist stretches? Obviously not the WP/FKP/WR/FTP right? Did I just miss them? 

Kai Ewert

 

 

Also, with HS work, since it's largely skill-based, it is OK to take a short break in between giant sets. 

Is that correct? For chest to wall HS or wall runs, that would be a game changer...

 

 

Joshua Slocum
Borzou Azabdaftari said:

Thanks - so what are the wrist stretches? Obviously not the WP/FKP/WR/FTP right? Did I just miss them? 

"Wrist stretches" is the section just under "training cycles"

 
Kai Ewert said:

Is that correct? For chest to wall HS or wall runs, that would be a game changer...

See here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/14987-been-taking-2-5-minute-breaks-between-hs-pe-sets-is-that-acceptable/?p=146426

 

In general, take as much rest as you need. Personally, I would recommend taking minimal rest for the PE's, as they are good conditioning exercises.