Neck Pain

Started by aiken54, December 26, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,736 Views

aiken54

I recently (3 weeks ago) began following the nutrition provided by Joshua Naterman for perfect pre mid and post workout nutrition. I feel good when working out and am more consistent than ever in my energy levels. However, a problem has arisen.

Whenever I push hard in my workouts, I will get this terrible pain that shoots up the right side of my neck and into the top and front of my head. It will then proceed to hurt like hell for a few hours, the only relief being to put my head back and to the right, totally relaxing the muscles in the afflicted area.

I thought it may be the creatine, so I cut that out and it still happened. I went back to creatine and it was way worse. I don't know if this is relevant. Also, on the chance it was dehydration, I tried drinking more water, but to no avail.

Anyways, now it happens whenever I push myself at all, and its very frustrating. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Roddy Cardona Valderrama

this type of pain can be a trigger point could be tight scalene muscles

aiken54

The scalene muscles are more anterior if Im not mistaken. My pain is all posterior. Could scalene trigger points manifest this way?