My Planche progress

Started by Akdas, December 26, 2014 · 8 Replies · 2,027 Views

Akdas

Hello.

I've been following gb for a few years, purchased btgb and h1. Earlier this year I gave up gst to focus more on climbing. This week I decided to take some gst back into my training to focus on fl, bl and Planche. Keeping it simple so I can devotee enough time to climbing still.

I'm working on advanced tuck Planche. Holding like in the pic for 4 secs multiple reps. I use the lean and full tuck as a warmup and lean and Planche push-ups after. I can hold the full tuck for 20 secs.

I'm aiming to feel stable enough to start extending into straddle.

Any constructive critique would be appreciated.

post-17395-0-26597300-1419551957_thumb.j

post-17395-0-39222100-1419551991_thumb.j

Joshua Slocum

Your hips are too high in the adv tuck - they should be level with the shoulders. 

 

The lean could go a little further, and you could iron out that slight pike. 

Pafke

In first picture your scapula is not protracted and your arms are bented. In second picture you scapula is winged, be sure you do it with strong protraction and depression to avoid this.

Akdas

Thank you for the replies. I've tried to correct this in the video I've attached. Straightened arms, lower hips, more protracted (I think) about 2 seconds

Better or no? Lots of work to do. trim.2C877A1D-2FE1-4B9C-8C61-EA61B90E7E4F.MOV

chuchodani

I think that tucked version it's too advanced for you, due to the form showed in pictures and videos. Go back to earlier versions and use perfect form

Pafke
Akdas said:

Thank you for the replies. I've tried to correct this in the video I've attached. Straightened arms, lower hips, more protracted (I think) about 2 seconds

Better or no? Lots of work to do. attachicon.giftrim.2C877A1D-2FE1-4B9C-8C61-EA61B90E7E4F.MOV

Tuck pl looks ok but when you extend your legs to adv. tuck you lose protraction and your arms start to bent. I would suggest you to stay on tuck planche for now.

Akdas

Ok. Thank you for the critiques. I'll go back to full tuck and try to hold for longer with better form.

What is a good indicator of when I should attempt a harder variation? I figured 20 s but maybe longer?

Pafke
Akdas said:

Ok. Thank you for the critiques. I'll go back to full tuck and try to hold for longer with better form.

What is a good indicator of when I should attempt a harder variation? I figured 20 s but maybe longer?

As far as i remember it is safe to progress to harder progression when you get 3x 60 sec with good form.

Alexander Egebak
Paf said:

As far as i remember it is safe to progress to harder progression when you get 3x 60 sec with good form.

3x60 is a bit too long for the later progressions.

 

 

Akdas said:

Ok. Thank you for the critiques. I'll go back to full tuck and try to hold for longer with better form.

What is a good indicator of when I should attempt a harder variation? I figured 20 s but maybe longer?

I am sorry but this site has a policy of not giving specific routine advice. See the sticky thread "routine advice".

 

My recommendation would be foundation series where you just need to give your best at your workouts and then the programming will do the rest.