I don't feel any stretch at all, is it possible? I have refrained from most pulling exercises for 3 months due to my front shoulder injury/long head of the biceps pretendonitis, but now my shoulder is okay. I'm returning slowly and cautiously to pulling movements ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
RC/PE1-iM
Started by HB_Ron, December 25, 2014 · 9 Replies · 241 Views
You might not feel any stretch with RC/PE1>iM.
Thank you Rayne. ![]()
Should I keep doing PE1-iM even though I don't feel any stretch at all?(Or is it okay to do PE2-iM so I could feel my lats stretching?) I will record a video of PE1-iM if needed.
Without any of it being official I take my chance and state that the lat stretching is very simple and straight forward in the beginning, therefore you can do a more advanced version without any consequences.
With that said this does work with SLS as an example where the focus is different or SL where the iM quickly focus on building strength in the range of motion swivels hips has built up. But with RC progressions that is not the case.
Thanks for the information Alex ![]()
Yes, keep doing RC/PE1>iM until you have mastered RC/PE1. Just because you don't feel a stretch doesn't mean your body isn't going to adapt more from even a minor stretch.
Rayne-William said:Yes, keep doing RC/PE1>iM until you have mastered RC/PE1. Just because you don't feel a stretch doesn't mean your body isn't going to adapt more from even a minor stretch.
I just don't see any reason doing an inferior stretch just for the sake of the principle of following "correct" progression.
I also feel almost no stretch, but/so I'm getting a lot of grip work with this iM. However, the amount of stretch I feel seems to be increasing slowly over time. Whether it's because I'm getting stronger in the PE or I'm getting better at the stretch, I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the progression is a sign of the iM doing something useful.
I don't feel the stretch if I'm too close to the thing I'm pulling against. Try stepping back 6 inches from where you normally start off.
HB_Ron said:I don't feel any stretch at all, is it possible?
I find that I can get a better stretch from contracting the muscles in the arm and lat, and then breathing out, relaxing the musces, and really pulling back into a deeper stretch. Doing this a few times durimg each rep really helps me.