This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FTP/SE4 Review

Started by Collin, December 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 143 Views

Collin

Please review my form.

Thank you.

This is Block 3 Week 1 (9)

IMG_4597.MOV

Keilani Gutierrez

those BURN, don't they? these and FKP kick my ass when it comes to doing reps when the forearms are burning!  :icon_twisted: 

looks like you're collapsing the arch a bit too quickly but hey, these are pretty gnarly. can you show better control in the knee variant or the full hollow wall variant? everything from the tips of the fingers to the wrist straight and rigid? if so, i'd hang a bit back on the volume on SE4 until you can do clean reps each time. 

Collin

Thank you Heilani,
I've struggled going from the knee varient to the full pushup varient in this exercise and other H1 exercises. The transition between the two is huge, even when I really try to load the weight onto my hands from the kneee position.

I will back up a block and work on developing cleaner form.

 

Keilani Gutierrez

I had the same trouble transitioning with FKP, WP and FTP. Wrist rocks have been the only one to feel moderately intense when going from PE2 to 3 and playing with PE4. 

I thought since I might need some conditioning on my WP/FKP/FTP department for PE4, I can get reps in with good form if I go from PE3 back to PE2 and do the reps with straight arms. this has proved helpful in the case of all three of those. I started at a halfway point between the wall and wall hollow position and started walking away from the wall when I felt the ROM and form was good enough. I don't know how Kosher this might be to the GB coaches, but it's helped me improve if I keep sensible that i'm not going to automatically go from straight arm FKP on the wall(while still in the PE's) to suddenly go to the full pushup position with straight arms(which is beyond the SE4), when i haven't shown mastery for PE4. just be mindful of what you're doing and don't do something to your elbows you wouldn't want your elbows to do to you. :P 

Collin

Thank you for this advice. Great tips!