This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 Form Check

Started by Collin, December 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 168 Views

Collin

Please review my form.

Thank you.

This is Block 3 Week 1 (9)

IMG_4594.MOV

 

Joakim Anderson

I'd say:

 

keep your legs straight

your feet pointed and not only your toes curled

keep the body hollow all the time, not just in the top position

keep working on planche leans so that the top position is so solid you just fly up into it at the end of the reps

do less reps with perfect form and build from there

 

You look strong even though form isn't perfect so I think you'll have an easy time fixing it.

Collin

Joakim,

Thank you for the informaiton and advice!
One thing I noticed in the GB video was that his legs were not straight, so I began doing that, but maybe too much?
I need to work a lot on the hollow body in the down position.
I also need to work on flatening my feet. It just feels like I am going to slide forward, but maybe that is a arm strength issue.
 

Samin Ishtiaq

You begin at pretty much the right form: arms at an angle, feet pointed. That's good!

 

But then --- and I feel for your toes now --- you seem to end up doing some push ups on curled toes. Yes, it's all in the arms on this one.

Collin

Oh I know!  I really need to keep those toes pointed.  I'm wimping out on my arms so am trying to hold myself back with my toes.
I backed up a block and am really working to get my form corrected.

Thank you for the pointers and critique. I need it.