This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE5 Form Check

Started by Collin, December 24, 2014 · 7 Replies · 246 Views

Collin

Please review my right and left single leg squat.

IMG_4605.MOV

IMG_4606.MOV

Collin

Hello anyone out there that wants to rake my Single Leg Squat form over the coals???

-MR

Looks good to me. Your pressing foot seems to be pointing forward, your elevated leg seems to be pointed straight ahead, your heel stays in contact with the floor at all times, and your upper body doesn't bend down as you push up. I'd say you can move on :)

Collin

Oh hell yeah!

Rayne-William

Granted you have good balance on both legs you need to strengthen your right leg more.

 

Going off of your last few repetitions, in both videos it doesn't seem like you have enough muscular strength in your quadriceps and hamstrings to slow down your decent after reaching 90 degrees and below.

Collin

Thank you for the critique. No worries, I am here to do it right.

I've actually continued doing 5x5 per leg, two times a week just to keep the skill up. I will work on slowing down my decent past 90. I think adding in the new weighted lunges coupled with the SLS will probably benefit the SLS also.  I may also add some weighted SLS in the mix also to develop the musculature in that movement.

Rayne-William

To develop the strength your legs need, keep at least one set of SLS/SE3 in your warm up. Use a metronome to keep pace with time.

Collin

Sounds good. Will do.