This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I move on from hbp pe3?

Started by ausswe, December 22, 2014 · 7 Replies · 332 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I am about to test for mastery for hbp pe3 with the top of my palm at my lowest rib.

Question 1: if I pass mastery with hands at that level should I move on or try bring my palms to hip level?

Question 2: would there be a bigger need it from going to hip level and spending one there or would I be get stronger from moving on with my hands where they are?

I am basically testing for mastery at the minimum required to move on but I'm not sure if I will gain more benefits from putting palms at hip level ( which is still several centimetres away and considerably harder) or moving onto dip variations.

Just looking for peoples ideas/experiences with this element and the later elements

Cheers

Joshua Slocum

Post a video to double-check that your hands are back far enough :)

 

Once you've mastered to the course standards, it's generally better to move on than to stay where you are. In F3 you'll come back to horizontal pressing for a bit, and make some more gains there. 

ausswe

Okay so if I achieve mastery with palms just below ribs then it is more beneficial to move on? This week is mastery but I think it may take an extra week to complete. Won't know until tomorrow though.

B1214N

Of course you will gain more benefits from leaning more in HBP PE3, but you're really meant to move on once you reach mastery with the same amount of lean as in the course video. The difficulty level of planche leans with hands at hips are not really appropriate for the level of F1.

Murray Truelove

My plan is to move on once I meet the minimum requirement but keep 3x10r as my warmup working on increasing the lean over time.

Sean Hunter

Wait, whats the minimum hand placement requirement for planche leans and PPPs?

 

I've gone back to Plance leans (pe5)  after i realized my hands were only at waist level and heard they need to be at hip and have been on PPP for months trying to get the hands at the hips during the descent. 

Murray Truelove
Sean Hunter said:

Wait, whats the minimum hand placement requirement for planche leans and PPPs?

I've gone back to Plance leans (pe5) after i realized my hands were only at waist level and heard they need to be at hip and have been on PPP for months trying to get the hands at the hips during the descent.

I think it's in av pod cast coach Sommer says that it's just below the ribs.

trw

I mean, considering the "minimum" requirements of GB standards I don't think any of should feel guilty about moving on after mastery.