This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A few questions about HBH and FL/PE1 Mastery

Started by HB_Ron, December 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 187 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys I have 3 questions:

1. Should I strive pulling my neck backwards amap?

2. When the arms are placed by the hips in HBH , is it necessary to depress the scapula?(and when they are by the ears should the scapula be elevated?

 

3. Can I move to PE2? IMO, PE looks fine and the only problem I have with the mobility exercise is that my feet don't completely touch the ground.. 

 

First set begins at: 0:12 ,  Last set begins at: 8:20

 

Thanks a lot!   :D

 

P.S Last set was too challenging.. Some people started telling funny jokes, so it was really hard to concentrate and not to laugh lol.

Keegan

Attempting some reps of PE2 should tell you whether you were hollow enough during your PE1 holds. If you can hold the shape and roll smoothly without kicking your legs to gain momentum, then you were probably hollow enough in your PE1 sets, if not then you need to go back and remaster PE1 with a more hollow body.

Regarding the neck, just try to keep it neutral. I realized a while back that I had been flexing too much from my thoracic spine (thus causing the head to get pulled out of line) and not enough from my lumbar spine.

The lumbar spine is naturally "lordotic"/arched and the thoracic spine is naturally "Kyphotic"/rounded. What you want to focus on is flexing the lumbar spine (by bringing the ribs and pelvis together in front of you) to remove the arch in the lower back, not further flexing the thoracic spine to an extreme level.

If you focus on using the abs to do this you should be able to keep your neck neutral.

HB_Ron

Dude, thank you! Appreciate it a lot :)

 

I've been trying to record like 7-8 unsuccessful attempts of bHBH rocks now until I understood what I was doing wrong.. My feet were too close to the glutes/the knees' angle wasn't 90 degrees and as a result I couldn't rock smoothly   :facepalm:   :imad:

 

What do you think of this attempt?