Season's greetings, folks!
I'm living at an apartment complex and I can't do inverted rows regularly throughout the week due to the uni gym being very lackluster with equipment and rules ("NO SWEATING ALLOWED") so since I have yet to figure out an portable inverted row station, I was thinking of supplementing with a few 12-15 rep sets of single arm bent over dumbbell rows. Not a replacement, but a supplement to the infrequency.
I drive home twice a month over the weekend to do some side income jobs and to work out, so I take advantage of my home gym to try to catch up on the inverted rows by doing at least 5-10 sets of 'em over 2-3 days weekend visit. Usually adds up to about 15-20 sets of inverted row a month, although somewhat condensed into two weekends. In the meantime, I continue with my pull up/chin up RC preparatory elements with the pull up bars at the gym.
So do you think the dumbbell rows are a productive supplementation or a waste of time?
Merry Christmas all ![]()
P.S. You may wonder "Why do you want to do so many inverted rows??" and my answer is that my shoulders turn to crap if I do any push ups without a great deal of rows, so to feel free to do all the pushing exercises I like to do I have to do a lot of rows. Also, they're an awesome exercise and great for your back.