Floreio Art

Started by Ido Portal, July 14, 2009 · 4 Replies · 6,020 Views

Ido Portal

For a great use of your gymnastics strength and an excelent complement for Coach Sommer's WOD's, I invite you to check out the Floreio Art.

mwF1mUa8c5E

I intend to share instruction and daily workouts to complement other physical development work you are doing, (The best will be to combine Gymnasticbodies daily wods with this) in my blog.

Email me with the subject line 'Floreio' to floreioart@gmail.com and check out this blogpost:

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/floreio-art.html

Hope to see you flowing on the ground. Soon.

Ido Portal.

Richard Duelley

Email sent.

I am looking forward to it.

Just a note:

My handstands are getting more and more consistent on (what seems like) a daily basis! I have actually started messing around with the other drills you showed besides the swing ups, like going from straddle to feet together and back again and again. Today I am going to try the one where you bend one leg at the knee and then switch (like kicking the air). The one problem I have been running into is muscle fatigue. I am holding my free standing handstands longer and longer (while doing the different drills) and I am finding out that my endurance is just not at the level I require to practice as much as I want to. I guess I need to add in some endurance holds against the wall after I finish my drills (ie just suck it up and fight through a few minutes of wall holds at the end of my practice). :mrgreen:

Ido Portal

Nifty,

the problem you are describing is why I feel work capacity is number one priority for beginners.

If you plan and increase your work capacity, that new, greater level of exposure to technical/strength/speed/

endurance/other elements will lead for improvement.

The real secret of many talented athletes is geneticly greater work capacity than normal.

Then... Its just about working hard. You can take it and improve.

Nic Scheelings

Funnily enough after watching your students videos I became inspired to give it a go myself. I just played around in my living room doin whatever came into my head. It was fun but i look forward to being given some guidance.

Cheers

Nobodystopsdblob

I sent my email from reading your blog before coming here. I guess my email question about combining with the GB WOD is already answered. Either way, I look forward to this. I want to be like Ido when I grow up, haha.