This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Conditioning Days For Strength Gains

Started by Jay Horley, December 19, 2014 · 9 Replies · 544 Views

Jay Horley

Has anyone tried or had success with using previous elements as conditioning? which has improved the strength on their normal days

Say you are doing 3 or 4 days GST per week. Has anyone used one of their days to drop back a progression or two going over all your previous elements and seen improved performance in their normal training? 

 

Jay 

Chris Garay

Hi Jay,

 

At the most recent Rhode Island seminar, Coach said, "The stronger you are, the more you need a high rep day." I took that to heart and have been doing a version of a Level .5 or Level 1 Test each week or two. Something like PE1, PE2, PE3, all for mastery sets, with iM's in between (or after for more work capacity focus), for all F7 movements. Hope that helps!
 

Best,

Chris

Rayne-William

For a lot of fellow forum members warm up is typically the time when we do previously mastered elements.

Mark Collins

No, but I have done all of F7 without resting and it was a really tough 40 mins of conditioning. I am just about to restart this today. One session a week will be F7 without rest and during the week I will do each exercise once but split up.

adara9

I'm probably misunderstanding you, Mark, but I thought F7 was supposed to be done without resting (other than the iM).

Jennifer

 Adara,  F7 refers to doing all of the elements in one workout.   Many people including myself are doing one of the various splits, where we only do some of the elements on any given day.     Which workout scheme are you doing?    I'm doing the 3 day a week split myself. 

adara9

I'm doing F7 two days a week, with H1 one day a week. I may end up having to switch to the 3 day split as the volume increases (if I'm not recovering fast enough), but that's my routine for now.

Mark Collins
adara9 said:

I'm probably misunderstanding you, Mark, but I thought F7 was supposed to be done without resting (other than the iM).

It is. But it is really easy to sneak a few minutes rest between category as the exercises get more difficult.

adara9

Given how my deck squats were suffering from starting them exhausted, I tried a bit of rest between categories yesterday to very nice effect. And now I've just reviewed the course materials and didn't find anything saying "no rest between categories," just "no rest within a category." Is between-category rest officially allowed after all?

Joshua Slocum
adara9 said:

Given how my deck squats were suffering from starting them exhausted, I tried a bit of rest between categories yesterday to very nice effect. And now I've just reviewed the course materials and didn't find anything saying "no rest between categories," just "no rest within a category." Is between-category rest officially allowed after all?

A short break between different elements is acceptable.