Hello all-
As I mentioned in a few threads a little while back, I've accumulated some pains over the past 8 months or so. Pain in my right wrist, quite severe elbow tendonitis on my right arm, badly pulled the middle of my right deltiod while doing a weighted dislocate, pain in my left bicep, and knee pain. I had been doing everything as recommended, all mobility and warm ups, I tried working less: I moved to a 3 day split, and then a two day split, took time off from exercising for a few weeks at a time, tried everything I could find online to help heal (voodo flossing, etc...). Finally went to a doctor here and was told that I should rest and that anyway the exercises I was doing were "too much" for a 42 year old. By the way, I've been doig GST full time for over 5 years and until 2014 I've not had any of these such issues. I've looked at recovery issues, nutrition, etc...
I stopped all GST work 2 months ago, but still there is zero improvement in any of these issues. Not doing anything for this long is getting to me.
So, finding a physio here in Istanbul to trust and I can afford is really tough. And findin other people like you all in the US have access to is not possible here. However, I'll be in NYC for a few days in a couple of days, and wanted to know what kind of recomnedations I could get about who to see for all of this. Badically I want to know how I can get rid of these issues beyond just "resting". I know there are so many type of modalities out there, ART, etc... And in a place like NYC i'd have a lot of choices.
So... Can anyone point me in the right direction re: who I could seek out in NYC?
Thanks!