on the edge of buying F3 - how far am I away from the straddle planche?

Started by katlinchen, December 18, 2014 · 3 Replies · 2,448 Views

katlinchen

So I finished F2 at the end of summer and made a short break and instead worked on a few other things like handstands and regular gymnastics skills.

However, this weekend I will purchase F3. I have a question now:

How long will it take to do a straddle planche for 2 seconds like in the video I added?

It doesn't have to be parallel to the ground, just at least 45 degrees to count as a beam mount with C value.

I know it is hard to say and no one can tell a time frame. If I learned something in gymnastics, then it is patience. But the reason I am asking this is because in October 2015 will be a very important meet and I would like to have that as a beam mount!

I can hold a normal tuck planche around 40secs and I can do a pretty high tuck planche with my knees not sticking out in front.

I would guess it might be easier out of a handstand like in the video than lifting up into it.

Video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=USe52HCO7jA

How long will it take? Approximately? Any guesses? Thank you!!!

Joshua Slocum

If your split is as good as the one shown in the video, and you've already mastered sPL/SE3, then I'd be surprised if you couldn't do that by October. 

katlinchen
Joshua Slocum said:

If your split is as good as the one shown in the video, and you've already mastered sPL/SE3, then I'd be surprised if you couldn't do that by October. 

Thanks! Yeas, I have my middle split and can hold it almost 180 degrees in the air. I will post a video in the next days and would appreciate your opinion once again.

Thank you!

Mattmattmatt
katlinchen said:

So I finished F2 at the end of summer and made a short break and instead worked on a few other things like handstands and regular gymnastics skills.

However, this weekend I will purchase F3. I have a question now:

How long will it take to do a straddle planche for 2 seconds like in the video I added?

It doesn't have to be parallel to the ground, just at least 45 degrees to count as a beam mount with C value.

I know it is hard to say and no one can tell a time frame. If I learned something in gymnastics, then it is patience. But the reason I am asking this is because in October 2015 will be a very important meet and I would like to have that as a beam mount!

I can hold a normal tuck planche around 40secs and I can do a pretty high tuck planche with my knees not sticking out in front.

I would guess it might be easier out of a handstand like in the video than lifting up into it.

Video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=USe52HCO7jA

How long will it take? Approximately? Any guesses? Thank you!!!

Out of curiousity (and as I am a newbie) how long as it taken you to get from F1 to finishing F2? Did you do H1 too?

 

Thanks.

 

Matt

:D