This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

After SLS--What's next?

Started by benhart, December 17, 2014 · 2 Replies · 279 Views

benhart

I originally learned Single Leg Squats a few years ago using Pavel's "The Naked Warrior" and since then they have been easy.  In a CF WOD like Mary, I'd easily make it through 7 rounds with good form.

 

So if I am still working through some of the other movements (levers have proven elusive to date), what is the next piece to work on after SLSs?  I have tried adding weight, doing box jumps from the SLS position, etc., but one of the reasons I have been following GB is that is has excellent programming and I would prefer NOT to be the one who dictates my next move training-wise.  

 

Any suggestions from Coach would be cool.

 

Thanks!

 

Ben

Joshua Slocum

It's a good idea to test yourself on all the SLS progressions to make sure you don't have any deficits in mobility or strength.

 

In Foundation, SLS is actually achieved in F2. F3 and F4 have some additional leg training, but it's nothing fancy. 

Jon Douglas

Post F2 leg training keeps up the development of basic strength. Remember that once basic strength (and mobility of course) are established max strength increases (whilst continuing) becomes a secondary focus to the development of dynamic strength. There are some older threads in the 'movement' forum that can help get you started. Other people have gone to weights and moved to heavy squats, deadlifting for max str, or oly lifting movements for more of a dynamic focus.

Personally I'm enjoying running the leg WoDs I had archived on my workout log. Get bouncin~~