Hi all.
I really have no idea where to post this question, but I feel it's "mostly" nutrition related. You may have seen, I posted in F1 forum about BJJ training 3x per week and GST. Essentially, I'm ding 2x F1-7 + H1 per week; and 3 days of BJJ per week on non GST truing days.
Here's the deal: I train BJJ at a 6:30 - 8pm class. I'm usually in bed each night by 9:30pm, and I make sure to follow all normal sleep hygiene: blacked out room, cool, no blue lights, etc. I eat a good dose of carbs in the form of natural starch sources like white rice, tubers, and fruit with dinner after rolling. I can make it to bed on BJJ nights by 10pm, but just can't fall asleep--I'm so jacked up.
However, I cannot fall asleep until 12ish. I wake up at 5:30, so that's really not good. I've always slept well. And, before this new activity, I would always get 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep per night.
I cannot find any local classes that offer earlier BJJ sessions. And, I don't want to give this up; I'm getting really into it.
SO, I'm wondering, are there any nutritional or supplemental interventions that may help me fall into a deep sleep when I get home, after dinner? I take magnesium in the form of Natural Calm, and I also respond well to Melatonin, but I don't like the idea of taking it 3 x per week...
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks! I know this is a stretch for a GST forum, but I figured I'd give it a shot...