Shoulder pain?

Started by The Hansenator, December 16, 2014 · 6 Replies · 2,315 Views

The Hansenator

Hello

 

I had a new pain in my shoulder when I woke up today. It doesn't seem like a muscle, it's right on top in the bony area. Looking at an anatomy chart, it seems to be right where the claivicle and acromion attatch. I figure it's something I did but am not sure what because I didn't feel it until this morning when I woke up.

 

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it. Is there a term for it? Are there any particular exercises, mobility issues, or strength imbalances which are associated with this type of pain?

 

It doesn't hurt in a handstand, and rows seem ok. I can really feel it when I let my shoulder roll forward though, like when I slouch, but the pain stops when I retract the scapula.

 

Thanks.

Christoph

What are you doing usually, what did you do recently?

The Hansenator

It's hard to remember. Pushups, punched the heavy bag, some kettlebells stuff, dislocates. Nothing I haven't done before. Could it be from sleeping funny?

Krel

It could be a proximal biceps tendonitis (shoulder joint). You should see a doctor.

Do you have shoulder cracking / popping ?

Coach Sommer

If you are experiencing pain in the shoulder, why are you training?!?

Give it a few days rest and then begin to evaluate it.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

The Hansenator

Is total rest the best or can I do things that don't bother it?

Coach Sommer

If the pain was substantial enough for you to remark upon it on the forum, I would say that total rest of your upper body for a few days is warranted.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer