Stretching without a warm up

Started by Vincearoo, December 16, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,528 Views

Vincearoo

I'm working at a job where I'm on my feet all day and I was wondering if there are any stretches/mobility work I can do periodically throughout the day? I have the freedom to take a few minutes here and there, but not enough time to warm up and to stretch. Any suggestions how to would be appreciated. Or if it's a silly idea, then tell me to stop being a dumby.

Joshua Slocum

Stretching throughout the day is great! Your ROM won't be as good as it is when fully warmed up, and some things might be less supple, but it's not dangerous so long as you're taking it easy. Basically, do the same or similar stretches you normally do with a warmup, and do them with less intensity and greater care.